Recent Books by Faculty
- Islam and Colonialism: Becoming Modern in Indonesia and Malaya (Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2016)
- How to Win a Cosmic War
- No god but God: The Origins, Evolution, and Future of Islam
- The Anthropology of the Middle East and North Africa: Into the New Millennium. Co-Editor. Indiana University Press, 2013.
- An Islam of Her Own: Reconsidering Religion and Secularism in Women's Islamic Movements. New York University Press, 2011. Also published as a Middle East Version: The American University In Cairo Press, 2011.
- The Multilingual Art of Commedia dell’Arte (Ottawa, Toronto, N.Y.: Legas, 2009)
Tabassum Ruhi Khan
- Beyond Hybridity and Fundamentalism: Emerging Muslim Identity in Globalized India (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2015)
- Secret Son (Algonquin, 2009; Penguin, 2010)
- Hope and Other Dangerous Pursuits (Algonquin Books, 2005)
- Medieval Joke Poetry: The Cantigas d'Escarnho e de Mal Dizer (Harvard Studies in Comparative Literature, 2004)
- The Places We Share, Migration, Subjectivity and Global Mobility (Lexington Books 2007)
- Mahmoud Darwish, Why Did You Leave the Horse Alone?, trans. Jeffrey Sacks (New York: Archipelago, 2006)
- Crime and Punishment in Istanbul, 1700-1800 (UC Press, 2010)